Monday, August 2, 2010

More Posters, and a few thoughts on Loeb: The mother of all shitty writers.




I have got to update this thing more often. Anyway, works been a little dry on the poster front, so here's a few older favorites. On the plus side, i have been doing more drawing lately (all superhero nerdy stuff) and I'm starting to get to know my Wacom tablet. That, I should have done a long, long time ago. Other than that, with the design work not paying the bills (not that it ever did) and welfare cutting my monthly allowance (from just over $500 a month to a $1. Literally, a dollar!) since I moved in with my girlfriend, my nerd habits are no longer being adequately funded, and so: I will be job hunting in the near future. Yessir, with resume in hand, I will go out in the world once again full of piss and vinegar, with no doubt that I will succeed! Also, I think I'm close to coming up with a solid concept for a comic, and then get this ball-a-rollin'!

Other news and fun stuff: managed to see the Thor footage from comic-con before Marvel's legal wolves had it taken down, and the verdict is: Awesome!! As a giant Thor geek, I am REALLY loving what I've been seeing! Also, check out the new Ryan Bingham CD, its amazing. And Secret Avengers may be my new favorite comic ever.

Besides that, a little while ago, Marvel writer Jeph (I'm a sack of shit) Loeb was promoted to VP of TV and Animation at Marvel, and I couldn't be happier for the guy! Well, that is, see, I'm hoping his new found corporate responsibilities will keep him from writing as many titles on a monthly basis, and in case you didn't know; I think Loeb is a sack of shit. The only time I like Loebs work is when he works with Tim Sale, and then his wooden "I can't write dialog for shit" scripts find a nice, campy home. Beyond that, he's ruined everything he's ever even looked at. Ultimates was one my favorite all-time titles, and he just shat on it and every good thing that it was. And don't even get me started on his whole Hulk/Red Hulk thing that he's been doing, because it's awful. just. Awful.

1 comment: